We know, we know. Everyone’s broke. Everyone gets it, even the fashion magazines that advertised affordable fall fashion on their September covers. Even if we’re all broke, we still need to clothe ourselves this fall and winter. So why not do it stylishly?
My Fall Must Haves:
1. A Super Versatile Sweater. I have a feeling this gorgeous, versatile black sweater will become the centerpiece of my cold weather ensembles.
In the fitting room I was marveling over how versatile this comfy sweater is. It looks awesome belted over a tank with your favorite skinny jeans, or over dresses and skirts. It would be ideal for a lazy day at the library, or perfect over a dress with jewel toned tights and booties! My advice: Find your can-wear-with-anything fall sweater. The possibilities are ENDLESS!
2. A super-chic, super affordable bag, like this quilted tweed shoulder bag from Urban Outfitters. $42 is an amazing price, and the shape is so chic. It will make your jeans/cardigan/flats uniform look ultra polished.
3. Chic Booties with Edge. I’m loving that we’re seeing a lot of tough hardware on bags and shoes this fall, I love the edginess for days when I’m feeling daring! These Dolce Vita “Brink” Leather Booties are going to be my go-to shoes all fall. They have just a bit of that don’t-mess-with-me edge that will be softened up by my favorite accessories.
4. Embellished Flats…that won’t break the bank.
I love purple, so naturally I love these flats. They aren’t just your typical studded flats that we’ve been seeing a lot of lately… the purple suede trim definitely makes them stand out, and the studs are placed appropriately and aren’t overdone! They’ll look adorable with everything, and add a pop of color.
5. The American Apparel Circle Scarf. This scarf is so versatile. It will keep your neck warm. It looks great with everything, especially boyfriend blazers!
These pieces will definitely be making their way into my fall wardrobe. I’ve been waiting all summer to get back into my cozy sweaters and scarves!
Make your must have list! And definitely shop around — there are great bargains to be had out there!