I was SO pleased with the Oscars last night. Except for that little musical performance. That was pretty much an epic fail. And it had nothing to do with Vanessa and Zac… the medley just did not work for me.
The Oscars is my FAVORITE red carpet night ever because it’s all about the Hollywood glamour. There’s the breakdown of my “oh so fabulous” and “oh so terrible you should fire your stylist”…
The Belles of the Ball
1. Kate Winslet. AS ALWAYS depicted old world Hollywood glamour in her stunnner of a dress by Yves Saint Laurent. The hair was futuristic and different, and I completely adored the two tone quality of the dress. The dress was different for Kate, yet still classic and perfect. And can we discuss her acceptance speech? She’s so adorable. I cried, I was SO happy for her.
Her and Sam Mendes are adorable.
2. Natalie Portman looked incredible in that BEAUTIFUL pink Rodarte number. I have a thing for Rodarte, and Natalie Portman is one of my favorite actresses, and I just adore her style, so this was pretty much perfect! She really looked miraculous in that color, and the details are to die for.
3. Anne Hathaway. I’ve loved her ever since she wore that cream colored princess confection in Princess Diaries, and she is someone who really can do no wrong on the red carpet. She always looks gorgeous, and has a personal style when it comes to evening wear. She DAZZLED in another Armani Prive gown. There’s really not much to say since she is another one who I think looked absolutely perfect.
And… time for the WORST DRESSED.
1. HANDS DOWN. BEYONCE. Where on earth did you find this monstrosity? Oh wait… you designed it yourself. Yes, this disguising excuse for a dress was C/O her label, House of Deron. I found this just vomit inducing. What was she thinking? The only thing I liked was her natural makeup and hair… a departure from the bling and glitter that she usually wears. Just…UGH. This is truly awful.
2. John Legend’s Model Girlfriend Christy Teigan. WHERE ON EARTH did she find this? DEB? Honestly, she looks like a classless, clueless freshman at the senior prom.
There were a few other train wrecks.. that Viola person? She looked like the Oscar statue – straight up.
But that’s all for now. Enjoy. The best dressed’s were truly amazing!